Morning, before I begin, this isn’t a hatchet piece about social media, it has a role to play, your marketing strategy should include any of the following depending on who your ideal client is and where they are.
Email marketing, direct mail, flyers/leaflets, display advertising, PPC,PPL (pay per lead) social media, blogging/SEO, guest blogging etc etc..
That said, let’s continue…You already have a list of your current and dormant/lapsed/ex-clients aswell as a list of prospects, all with email addresses, hopefully correct and up to date. These people/businesses are your audience.
You own this data, it is a valuable business asset. You do not own the social media profile. Any one of those companies could change their business model or algorithms at any time.
You can now email these people/your audience 1-1 – as if you were having a chat over a coffee
Build a relationship with them, allow them to begin to know and like you
Help them, share resources, give them advice without expecting anything in return. Ask them about their businesses, what they do, how they do it
It is a LOT easier to establish and maintain a 1-1 dialogue with a client or prospect via email than it is via social media. You can both access those emails at a later date and refer back to them if you wish.
If you shared a series of tips on a specific subject you could re-purpose them into a PDF and email it to them.
You basically have a private audience to chat with and build/maintain a rewarding relationship with. Know Like Trust remember? 1-1 email is the single most efficient and effective way to achieve that with your ideal client.
Before you get into the daily grind, here are 10 important facts you should know about just how effective email marketing is. Ready?
- The number of active email users is forecasted to reach 4.3 billion in 2023.
- 293.6 billion emails were sent and received each day.
- Average expected ROI is $42 for every $1 you spend on email marketing.
- Nearly nine out of every ten marketers use email marketing to distribute content organically.
- 81% of small businesses rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel, and 80% for retention.
- The average open rate for a welcome email is 82%.
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
- Sending 3 abandoned cart emails results in 69% more orders than a single email.
- Videos added to your email increase click rates by 300%.
- 49% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands.
Please note: I’ll include a link to the original post in the comments.
And no, email marketing isn’t just for e-commerce brands. You can sell services just as well.
But just in case you’re not convinced, you can also productise your services, read this post…
One last thing…
If you want pure gold, no nonsense fluff free Marketing Advice straight to your inbox every weekday, sign up below